Our next big show!
On 9th & 10th June 2017, we present Agit-Pop! – marking the 50th anniversary of the Sexual Offences Act which saw the partial decriminalisation of homosexuality, and the start of the road to LGBT equality.
Featuring songs by Erasure, Nina Simone, Boy George, Lily Allen and many more, the show celebrates the music of liberation and protest, and how popular music changed the world.
The Friday evening performance will be interpreted into British Sign Language (BSL).
- entertains, educates and inspires through song
- takes risks - making unexpected and surprising programming decisions, and performing in unusual spaces
- performs a diverse range of music to the highest technical standard
- provides a safe, supportive community for gay men to socialise, exchange ideas and have fun
- works with schoolchildren, teachers and parents to eradicate homophobic bullying
- believes that a diverse society is a strong society; that all people, regardless of sexuality, are equal and should be treated as such and works with other community groups and individuals who share our vision.