As you would expect, we have been monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus situation. With the health and wellbeing of our members at the forefront of our minds, we took the decision to cancel rehearsals at the end of last week. Following the recent Government announcements we don’t know when it will be safe for us to resume.
While the safety of our members is obviously our top priority we also want to ensure that you – our faithful audience and supporters – get to see the type of performance you expect from us, and that you deserve. For these reasons, we have taken the very difficult decision to postpone our upcoming show, Proud.
We’re really sorry for the disappointment this undoubtedly causes, and thank you in advance for your understanding.
If you have purchased tickets for the show, you will receive a separate communication with regard to refunds soon.
As you can imagine, we have financial commitments that have already been made in relation to this show which are normally covered by ticket sales. If you are in a position to help us cover the cost of those commitments, we would be immensely grateful.
We’ll post information of upcoming performances and shows as we have more details. In the meantime please take care of yourselves, and those around you.
The London Gay Men’s Chorus
- entertains, educates and inspires through song
- takes risks - making unexpected and surprising programming decisions, and performing in unusual spaces
- performs a diverse range of music to the highest technical standard
- provides a safe, supportive community for gay men to socialise, exchange ideas and have fun
- works with schoolchildren, teachers and parents to eradicate homophobic bullying
- believes that a diverse society is a strong society; that all people, regardless of sexuality, are equal and should be treated as such and works with other community groups and individuals who share our vision.